Sustainable jobs in Canada! Deadline 25/05/2015
Long Point Basin Land Trust (LPBLT) is a charitable non-government organization which owns, protects and restores important natural habitats within its operation area.
LPBLT is looking for a Project Manager to join the organization.
The work will comprise a small amount of field work and office duties within the working area of the Long Point Basin Land Trust but based in Port Rowan. The Projects Manager will oversee the delivery of two major conservation projects: the “Conserving Carolinian Reptiles” initiative and a new project, “Nurturing Nature”, which focuses on environmental stewardship, volunteerism and habitat restoration on LPBLT nature reserves. Discover more about LPBLT http://www.longpointlandtrust.ca/
- Undergraduate degree or related diploma or working experience;
- Work experience in conservation, field biology, environmental outreach and/or volunteer coordination would be a benefit;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), including experience with public speaking; experience developing written outreach materials an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with computer applications, including MS-Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); experience with GPS units, GIS software or MS-Publisher;
- Valid Ontario Class “G” license and use of a personal vehicle;
- Positive, outgoing nature with a track record of reliability, and an ability to work either independently or as part of a small team.
Candidates should apply by submitting their curriculum vitae and an original cover letter to the attention of the President: email@example.com.Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete a short, original writing assignment at the time of the interview, as part of the application process.
Register with WorkCabin and send your resume and cover letter directly to this employer.