Latest Sustainable jobs: WWF is looking for a National Park Manager for the Salonga National Park in Congo, Africa.
Deadline for applications: 29 March 2015
Location: Monkoto, Equateur Province with frequent travels to Kinshasa (40% of the approximate time).
Responsabilities: The SNP Manager will have extensive expertise in managing protected areas. The Manager will be in charge of the direct implementation of the General Management Plan for the SNP together with the annual work plans.
What you need:
- A master or PhD degree, degree from a renowned engineering institution in a relevant domain: conservation / environment / natural resource management / territorial management, etc.;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in conservation, management of protected areas and knowledge on the development of international organisations.
- Experience in Africa would be an asset ;
- Proven experience in managing a multidisciplinary team in a developing country
Knowledge and Skills
- Mastery of management principles and of challenges related to protected areas in general and national parks in particular;
- Knowledge of government policies on bio-diversity;
- Knowledge in territorial management, sustainable development.
- Experience in building Public-Private Partnership (PPP) or joint management and collaboration with these entities and their staff will be an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation, consultation and coordination skills;
- Experience in preparing and implementing conservation strategic plans;
- Appropriate skills in administrative, financial and human resource management of projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English would be an added advantage;
- Ability to work under difficult conditions and on complex issues;;
- Experience working with international agencies, particularly with USAID, the European Union and the German Financial Cooperation
- Adhere to WWF values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
More info and How to apply: http://wwf.panda.org