Going for a biking adventure is one of the best ways to know the contours of your area and country. It’s also one of the best ways you get to appreciate the natural environment as you admire the picturesque scenes along the road. So if you have planned to go for an adventure and want to know how you can do it with your bike, you are in the right place. Here, we are going to give you excellent tips on how you can travel with your bike on an adventure.
We love, and we go for many adventures, mountain tours, and biking trips. There isn’t any that don’t have a challenge, but we have always conquered it. The most important thing we have come to learn concerning biking adventures is that they require you to practice biking thoroughly. So we always make sure before we leave for a cycling tour we have practiced enough at times about 100 miles a day. It’s said, first things first. So exercise properly. If you are not planning to ride a lot, you can do biking exercise of between 50 miles and 70 miles a day. That will ensure you don’t find biking challenging when you are on an adventure.
Second, if you are planning for a self-contained cycling adventure meaning you will not use any other means of transport; you have to plan how you will carry your stuff along. It can be stressful to carry a heavily loaded bag on a bike, so you need to do a few things to ensure your journey is perfectly set. Do at least two or more, if you prefer, bike tours with the bike fully loaded. The trip doesn’t have to be too long. You are just exercising traveling with your bike when it’s loaded so you don’t find it hard on that special day to pedal while carrying your bag. You will also know where to tie the bag, either on one side of the rear wheel or at the back of your seat post.
When you travel with your bike on an adventure, you also need to know and do the following so that you and the bike can be safe.
- Never ride with your headphones on. What is happening in your surrounding is very critical. You need to stay alert.
- Always put on a helmet when riding
- If you want to stop, always ride or pull your bike about 10 feet off the road. If you are unable to find enough space, always ride on to a safe area.
- Ensure your medical cover lasts beyond your traveling dates
- Make sure any repair or maintenance that is needed is done on your bike. This includes lubrication.
- Don’t forget your tool kit and ensure you have used all the tools and know very well how they function.
- When on the road, observe all traffic rules.
- Whenever you want to pack your best mountain bike under 300 dollars, always ensure you don’t pack it close to a door, window or gas pumps.
- You don’t want disturbance, right? So make sure you have arranged how your bills are to be paid when you are away.
- Organize for your emails to be held at the post office or change the mail delivery
- Whenever you stop to take a break, don’t litter the environment. If you happen to take some snack, carry the wrapper with you and dispose it at the right place. At your campsite, don’t wash things with soap on lakes and streams.
You need to prepare for any weather. In hilly and mountainous regions, humidity is usually low. So you need to be careful not to get dehydrated. Carry at least two bottles of water. Even if you don’t feel thirsty, drink water. In low altitude areas, humidity can be high as well as the temperatures. You need to take that into consideration before you go away.
To avoid numbing or pain on your hands, change hand positions frequently.
This is a matter of preference. You can use cantilever brakes, center pull or side pull.
- As you ride, relax and every hour take a break
- Eat small amounts of food but frequently.
- Wear cycling gloves to avoid numb hands
- Avoid knee injury
On emergencies and braking
To travel with your bike on an adventure is a great thing. However, you need to know that you have to use brakes before you must. That is a cardinal rule of biking. So never slam on the front brake alone. Ensure you apply brakes gradually.
With that, you can plan, travel and have a fantastic adventure. If you are not traveling with the bike, pack it properly to ensure it doesn’t get damaged during shipping. Biking adventures are great ways of exploring the world. Train properly, and you will be ready to cycle your faithful companion.