This is the third appointment with digital marketing strategy by S.Tou.W.
- I told about relationship marketing and social media
- I told you a bit about relationship marketing and community management
Today I am going to tell you the importance of Public Relations in managing a social media platform and how to transform your fans into a community.
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public.
Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment. This differentiates it from advertising as a form of marketing communications. Public relations is the idea of creating coverage for clients for free, rather than marketing or advertising.
PR is an essential practice of the Relationship marketing, social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and even Twitter are made to allow people interact to each other; brand pages are managed by people. This should be always remembered when you design a marketing strategy.
You should always consider your fan/ followers as the first potential members of your community and having a community means to have a group of people supporting your brand, experimenting your products, giving you the feedback you may need.
A few tips to manage digital PR in Facebook
- Use your Facebook profile to help your page grow interest:
- Invite Facebook friends to like your page
- Invite Facebook friends to Facebook events (ask them to share your events)
- Check and contact interested or attending friends and not yet friends. You could simply offer your assistance, check how the event/ tour / activity was, ask for recommendations “is, in your opinion, any of your Facebook friend interested in our product/service”.
- Join groups where you can give interesting contributions
- The next level would be when you are ready create a group of fan / supporters of your activities. It could happen that doing an amazing a group of supporters could be created without your involvement! This would be the GREATEST success
- Use the brand/ product/ service Page :
- create events
- promote events (if you can)
- share interesting info linked to your product/ service, but not directly selling info (place info, news, updates) and promote them too
- create chatbox if you want your fans to subscribe to your newsletter or to have anwers to the most requested questions.
- show your collaborators/ partners; show the faces of your brand (who is behind it?)
- visit other pages regularly (let’s say once a week), don’t be a boring page speaking only about yourself, share the beauty. Give reactions to the pages you are following and share nice and interesting article written and published by your contacts. Otherwise there is not a reason to follow other pages!
Next time I will share tips to manage digital PR more social media platform..
Are you interested to know more?
Ask #STouW by Sara Vitali about:
#socialmedia strategies for tourism sector & linked sustainable, responsible, green or eco businesses;
#sustainabledevelopment through tourism.