Are you interested in supporting the charity work in Africa? Hurumia Watoto organisation is developing a woman project in Tanzania.
Hurumia Watoto Group Organization The Hurumia Watoto Organization centre (HWO) is a community-based organization which became affiliated to the TANZANIA Community based option for protection and organization of widows and women, health and AIDS infection, and children.
The Hurumia Watoto centre (HWO) is a small, non-governmental organization committed to social justice through community empowerment. HWO was established in 2006 but became a legal entity in 2007 with a community at grass roots lower level, its work focusing on mobilizing and strengthening communities to urgently support the basic needs of widows, women, young females and children.http://africa-charity-project.org/Hurumia-Watoto-helping-widows-with-aids-in-Tanzania.html
Hurumia Watoto works toward a shared vision of creating awareness and in corporation of widows, women, young females and children, homeless children, child workers, and sexually harassed children in rural and urban areas. Its programme and activities are in Mwanza City, in Tanzania, its headquarter at Nyakato in Ilemela District in Mwanza City,&Simiyu region. The density populated areas of STIs/HIV prevalence are due to large business populations in neighboring countries.
The main objective of Hurumia Watoto (HWO) is to alleviate poverty through capacity building in the community and educational support.
Income generating activities, ignorance through rising awareness on the rights of widow’s children and women in general.
We also aim to reduce the spread of diseases, especially with HIV/AIDS prevention among widows, women, young females and children and the community in general by enhancing collaboration with other partners with the same objectives.
– participate in activities aimed at improving the welfare of widows, women, young females and children in the community
– develop a resource center for
information dissemination and capacity building
– promote and preserve the environment
– teach and support widows, women and younger females to become self reliant, such as through vocation training
– develop water resources and health among workers.
What We Do
- Support HIV/AIDS afflicted widows, and help women, young females and their children to live healthy lives, and to help them meet their basic needs.
- Empower women to meet their basic needs, with health and medical treatment.
- Support children through education, health and shelter.
- Facilitate environment change, such as by planting trees and green areas.
- Invite community groups, institutions, churches, schools and the local government to find ways how to reduce the sexual harassment of widows, women and young females, orphans and vulnerable children.
- Organize community sustainable projects and equip youth with skills and knowledge.
- Help to improve water and sanitation conditions.
- Educate the community regarding the role of women today, sexual harassment to widows and women, and the role of children in development.
Hurumia Watoto has about seven programmes in the district of Ilemela.
The organization has supported vulnerable widows, women and children through education and income generating activities to their families in order to help them meet their basic needs in the Ilemela district since 2006, but work effectively began in 2007 when the organization became legally registered, which has given us the opportunity to gain experience in working with the community and to put together a team of competent members.
Project In Progress
Hurumia Watoto organization projects include tailoring and embroidery supported by the Tanzania Development Trust in UK. The project which runs to date helps widows and their children with HIV/AIDS in Mwanza village, while it manages vocation computer training supported by tools with a mission in UK (TWAM) and sewing and tailoring training to support the children programme, HIV/AIDS counseling and medical care support, nutrition and treatment to HIV/AIDS women, children and widows in our community in Mwanza, Tanzania
Current Partner Organizations we work with
- The Tanzania Development Trust (TDT – A partner organization based in the UK.
- Tools with a mission (TWAM) – A partner organization based in the UK.
- Ah Law Solicitor – UK based.
- The computers for 4 Africa in the UK
- Free Educational Program – Freely downloadable manual for self-sustainability.
- Aspiration technology in USA
- Workaid charity in London.
- Sun is the future,USA
- Solution Journal.
- Sustainable Tourism World, Italy.
The Women groups I have supported when working at our sewing project since 2007 and successful stories
“I am happy to inform you that I am now a fashion designer with a reputable industrial company in Mwanza. Our work is to make company uniforms that include overalls, aprons, etc. Allow me therefore to thank you and all your staff for the careful training extended to me during the timeI spent on tailoring course there. Bravo HWG/TWAM!” Evelyn Stephan “I wish to thank Tools with a Mission for supporting and enabling me to have basic tailoring course at a minimal cost. I could never believe what would happen to me the day I joined HWG training centre. I had always liked using a sewing machine after dropping out of school but had no idea whether I was any good. The care that HWG trainers offered enabled me to achieve my long term objective. Equipment supplied by TWAM made this possible for me and I am indeed indebted.” Luja Malugu“We wish once again to thank you for your generosity and may God Bless You.” Albert KahaiReference on TWAM (UK)2010 news letter.
We have also focus to start Vocational school construction in January 2015, Efforts has already started by making handmade bricks we need to start a big sewing and embroidery project to help women whole district and another neighbor areas.
We highly need support for this. http://translationstop.com/sadani-africa-charity.
The women had worked very hard, and had been encouraged to form their own working schedules based on the required 30 hours a week. But each woman had made it her duty to come every day from 9:00 am till 4.30pm. They all worked diligently, knowing that they would earn something in return. This project involve currently 60 women from different places all these are involved in tailoring project. Who work as accountants only 4 few with different role and we have this sewing centre in different part.
Another New proposed Sewing machines project: To reduce women poverty in Mwanza and Simiyu region municipality we are introducing sewing machines project in which most young women/women and widowed and those most vulnerable families will undertake embroidery, arts and design skills, and tailoring training including promotion of manufactured clothing fashion marketing products. many different sewing machines will be purchased. We help the poor rural communities help themselves with the mission to empower and improve the poor people’s opportunities to access skills and revolving fund to eradicate the root causes of poverty on local communities so as to enable them attain self-reliance sustainability through setting up their individual viable/profitable micro business to generate income for their families this is done through working in the new proposed sewing centre
The HWG Sewing Factory Centre will provide skills for the vulnerable; create employment and income bringing about new possibilities to the community as a whole. The goal is to have the Factory complete and totally fitted out by 2015.
- To teach vulnerable young people (especially LCV children) the sewing skills to become self-reliant and produce articles for sale to the community.
- To supply the community with items like school uniforms and other clothing at reasonable prices.
- To sustain HWG as a profitable business that benefits the community Sustainability.
- To create ongoing employment and skills training for members of the community.
Thanks to Sustainable Tourism World to allow advertise my projects work for Tanzania,
Albert kahai-Founder and Director
mobile: +255765 433802
Office phone: Tel/fax +255262772857